Oakmont Public Utility District’s purpose is to provide superior water and sewer services to the residents of Auburn Lakes as mandated by the State of Texas. The District’s goal is to provide reliable water service in an efficient manner at a fair and reasonable cost.
- Water Source: Jasper Aquifer
- Location: Water sands confined to the deep Miocene Epoch rock strata of the Southeast Texas Coastal Plain
The District partners with H2O Innovation to operate and maintain the District’s water and sanitary sewer system. H2O Innovation is also responsible for reading water meters and customer billing.
For questions and options for paying your bill, please visit H2O Innovation or call (281) 353-9756. In case of emergency, please call (281) 353-9809.
RECYCLING / REFUSE
Residential Recycling & Refuse of Texas, Inc. (RRRTx) provides garbage and recycling to residents in the Oakmont Public Utility District.
- Curbside collection days are Tuesday and Friday of each week. Please place trash cans, weighing no more than 40 lbs. each, at the curb no later than 7:00 a.m.
- Bulk items will be picked up curbside on Fridays.
- Yard waste will be collected at the curb and must be placed in sturdy plastic bags weighing no more than 40 pounds. All branches and tree trimmings should be no more than 3 inches in diameter and no longer than four (4) feet in length. Bundles must be securely tied and weigh less than 40 pounds.
- For questions about trash pick-up guidelines, including acceptable materials and hazardous materials, please visit RRRTX.net.
- Recycling collection day is Friday of each week at 7:00 am.
- Excess items may be placed in a regular trash can labeled as “recycling” or any clear or transparent blue trash bag – Black trash bags are not observable and will be rejected as contaminated material by the offsite recycling facility
- On windy days, please place items in a blue transparent or clear trash bag and set it in the recycling bin (this prevents items from blowing across the yard and street)
- Please breakdown any medium and large cardboard boxes
- Separation of recycling items is unnecessary
- Please rinse any residue from containers
- Recycling emblem stickers are available upon request which can be used to “recycle” an idle trash can or container into a recycling container; please visit RRRTX.net.
Unfortunately, not everything in our homes falls under the “household recycling” heading, and so there are items which cannot be accepted on the weekly routes. These items either fall under the hazardous waste umbrella or simply just not recyclable.
- Food Encrusted paper or cardboard
- Styrofoam (packing peanuts, cups, plates, egg cartons, etc.)
- Electronics including batteries
- Medical Waste
- Biohazard Waste
- For questions about recycling pick-up guidelines, including acceptable materials and hazardous materials, please visit RRRTX.net.
RRRTx strives for excellent customer service and management encourages you to call with questions, comments or concerns. RRRTx can be reached at 1 (866) 516-9805 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.